Ende
L'Aube des Anathèmes” (Immortal Frost Productions 2024)

French Black Metal is a very interesting creature. We have the world famous LLN, and very deserved, of course; we have the groundbreaking musicians; we have the French melody that is as ferocious as it is delicate. Ende is no exception, ladies and gents! I was not aware of the duo’s existence, so forgive me if I am missing out on mandatory Black Metal excellency, but I will fix that instantly. “L'Aube des Anathèmes” is my introduction to the band, and this sound pretty cool. Well, cool is not a Black Metal term, but this is really cool.

I am getting (for a long while now) tired of all the raw and noisy Black Metal we see swirling around, especially on social media – oh the contradiction – and I have always had a thing for melodic Black Metal, so Immortal Frost came in my aid and provides that great Melodic Black Metal doses we all need. Ende has that, as mentioned before, and it grows on you, it is definitely a grower and a strong rendition of Black Metal. Mentioned before is the fact that Ende are French, and we all know French Black Metal at this point. But does the band sound French? I would not say completely… I love the atmosphere it conveys. Love the intensity it has, along with the melodic side. No need to be extra ferocious or extra aggressive, quality is what makes Art.

Ende has all these different moods and emotions, and they work perfectly well together. From the first moment, to the last note, “L'Aube des Anathèmes” takes you on a ride, and the more you listen to it, the more you understand its quality. The more melodic lines are very well-balanced and structured, allowing the music to breath, in the sense that the musicians did not prevent their compositions from growing and completing the cycle. I have mentioned this before, but what eventually got me was this diversity, this dynamic, where we have two atmospheres and moods, entangled, perfectly fused, and they turn out wonderful. I fear this record will fly under people’s radar, and that is a shame. Ende is a great band, and “L'Aube des Anathèmes” is a great record!



Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue