L I N G E R

Linger is a Portuguese Post Hardcore Screamo band, not that labels matter. They do not... but we  taught ourselves to make it matter, so there you go. It is something like that... with that being said, move forward to a short interview. Enjoy.

Hello. Thank you for accepting this little activity. Let us start off… How did the whole “construction” of this EP come about?

I had a few tracks and ideas laying around. It was supposed to be a one-man bedroom project at first, so the majority of “Hope you are finding sleep…” was done even before our first rehearsal as a 5-piece group. Bringing Moreira to the writing process was really what sparked the idea of starting the band, and once Belo, Fabiana and Luís joined in, we finished writing and tracking the EP.

Is there a specific concept that unites the tracks in “Hope you are finding sleep…”, or each tune has a subject of their own?

There’s a cohesiveness when it comes to the whole sound and vibe, I guess. Lyrically too. I’m straightforward when it comes to it, I think. “Hope you are finding sleep…” is about heartbreak, self-loathing, co-dependency, addiction, death, and all the emotions that comes with that. I find that all these themes tie themselves together very effortlessly, you know?

In terms of the whole idea behind LINGER, what do you aim to project with your music? Is there a – as mentioned before – global concept to the band?

I see Linger as an outlet. It serves me the purpose of expressing myself through songs and having a good time writing, producing, and playing them with my friends and nothing more than that honestly. It’s hard to put a finger on what “concept” we want to embody knowing that it could eventually change over time.

We all know how people need to classify bands and their sound, so where does the band place themselves in terms of labelling? And have you felt the need to give your sound a name to “belong”?

Growing up attending Hardcore/Punk shows, it’s kind of inevitable to bring the same intensity and rawness to our live show, even though we’re melodic and there’s singing at times. We don’t quite know where to place us, genre-wise. For some is metalcore, for others it’s Post Hardcore, and we even got called Neo Crust, once… (I don’t even know what that is lol) If we fit, we fit. if people like us and invite us to play, we’ll keep showing up. I don’t think I’m the right person to answer to that one; it’s all very new to me but I felt very welcomed, nonetheless. I believe we owe that to all the bands that we’re doing it before us and the abundance of talent we have going on. And of course, to everyone paying attention to it.

How do you see the Portuguese musical scene, today, and where do you want to go with your music? And thank you very much for this short little thing I dare call an interview. All the best.

Personally, I don’t have the ambition to become huge or something like that. It’s always nice to have people consuming the music you make, and we try to grab the opportunities that are presented to us that goes towards benefiting the growth of the band. But like I said before, it’s only an outlet for me. I’m looking forward to making more tunes as a 5-piece instead of writing on my own and taking inspiration from other sonic palettes and overall improving and evolving our sound.



Linger Official Bandcamp

Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue