Grave Risk - “2 Songs” (Independent, 2023)

Rolling through YouTube - xBrutalYouth666x - and I encounter this Powell Peralta cover look-alike. Had to go back and check what the Hell was going on. Aussie lads rocking it out! This is a Crossover band, and I normally do not fall for this gimmick. Hey, nothing against the genre, nor the fans, and even less against the musicians; it’s a Me thing, you know?

Well, as the title says, this is a 2 song Demo (can I call it Demo?) that shows a band merging Hardcore Punk with Thrash Metal details. That is the formula for Crossover, mates… what makes this a win is the amount of Hardcore, and the amount of Thrash; Hardcore clearly win, and that is what I was hoping for. The vocals take me straight to the Skate Punk scene, but the good one, not the extremely mellow one. A melodic tone, together with the cool riffs, turns this into a really cool session. The 1st track is, in my modest opinion, much stronger than the 2nd one, more guitar aggressive. But the 2nd one has a really hard riff as opening. Then the drums kick in… and all I see is people jumping off the stage at this moment! Nonetheless, a really nice thing is that they do not over exaggerate on the violence (if that makes sense LOL), keeping it melodic and cool. Skate cool, I say.

Grave Risk Official Bandcamp

Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue